Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Review Experience

After reviewing my peers code, I learned a lot of things. A lot of us procrastinates. When the deadline is near, everyone starts putting whatever they can together. That is why there is no test cases, comments, and "one person doing the job". What we all should do differently is set for ourselves an earlier date so that we do not procrastinate on the real due date.

Not much people did test cases because they are concentrating to get the project done. But while rushing to get the project done, they have been "testing" it the whole time, because they look to see if what they just made is outputting the right thing. However, just because we see that the program works we still need to make test castes. We should show test cases because then the programmer/reviewer can know that the code is working correctly or incorrectly. But the most important thing that I saw while reviewing my peers code is comments. Comments help the most for the user or reviewer to know what is going on in the code. It may seem stupid to comment something small, but it is important.

What I learned from my reviews is that to start early. It is bad to start late because you will get crappy code and not get everything done and lose sleep time.

No comments:

Post a Comment